SC - Pumpkins (was: Needing help with a class....)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jun 11 19:02:18 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/11/98 8:19:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
llewmike at iwaynet.net writes:

<<  I have read several other sources on what he meant by
 pumpkins and have concluded that he may have meant the "white pumpkin"
 of the cucurbitas family.  >>

Given the length of time this work was published after the introduction of the
plant from the New World to which the  word "pumpkin" was attached, I am
curious to know if this "white pumpkin" you mention is in fact Old World? And
, if it is, would it be possible for you to supply a scientific name so I can
add this to my list of "must have for the garden" stuff? Thanks in advance.

Ras