SC - Apple Butter Question

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Jun 13 05:59:26 PDT 1998

Greetings the list,
I have a couple of questions on Apple Butter and hopefully someone can help me.

I am in the process (half way thru') of slow-cooking in a crock pot, a batch
of Apple Butter. I have never made it before and to my recollection have
never tasted it before either!! Imagine that! And me living in the
neighbourhood of the "Big Apple" (large red apple house on  Hwy 401 where
they sell everything apple.

What I need to know in 8-10 hours is the consistency it should be when its
done. (ie, pudding like, yoghurt like, etc.)?

and

I'm probably asking a stupid question because I feel like I'm probably the
only one in the world that doesn't know but I really do...

What kind of history does it have?

Thanks
Micaylah
- -who has been up for hours on a rainy Staurday morning and can't figure out
why...its not like I have kids or anything!-