SC - Judging-OT

Wed Jun 17 07:24:23 PDT 1998

> Yes, but it was pointed out to me that many people play politics by asking
> the
> people who are Laurels (et al) to judge.  In fact, this is so widely
> accepted in
> some areas that a peer would be offended to have a non-peer judge when
> they have
> not been invited to judge.  In some cases, the peer would be offended if a
> non-peer was judging even if she was judging as well (because the other is
> not
> "recognised") even if the non-peer was more knowledgable in the field.
<deleted>

> Brenna of Lyonsbane

If you have this kind of political problem, ask the Laurels to judge entries
in their areas of expertise and to review the work of the non-peer judges,
so that the Laurels can view the work of aspiring peers that they might
otherwise miss.  Stroke, stroke.

Flattery will get you everywhere, start talking.

Bear