SC - creations and creativity

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jun 17 22:20:08 PDT 1998

Genevia,

>>As A&S person for my shire needing to run competitions and or contact
persons of expertice to judge or give classes or advice I hit Rock walls.
I have written the Kingdom Laurels office, without results (Atlantian)
asking for a list of laurels and what they laureled in and what , if
anything, they were willing to teach,judge, advise etc. on. I have people
looking for Masters in several fields and one considering taking an
apprentice (leatherworking) . My question then becomes: How the $#@#@ do
I get judges knowledgable in a field to A) come to an event and B) to
Judge a compteition, C) How do I identify them other than word of mouth
which is very subjective? Suggestions ??<<

This was my biggest problem everywhere I was MoA/S.  No lists forthcoming
from East or Midrealm, either.  Now, every Laurel ceremony I've heard
calls for the new Laurel to continue to teach and do his/her good work.
And they must know who they are!  I don't know why we can't get that
information, because people everywhere really do need it.  The Laurels on
this list are certainly good about sharing information, comments,
techniques, et al.  Laurels, please comment.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com