SC - Squash flowers as period food

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 03:56:51 PDT 1998

I assume the orange tiger lily... which we call the day lilly here. It's about
three feet tall, has usually orange(Sometimes yellow) flowers. Grows wild by
the side of the road as well as being planted in people's yards. Whether the
side of the road ones are volunteers or just leftovers from when people lived
in a certain place I don't know (We have wild roses that are leftovers.. but
before you ask.. I've never found anything but small hips on them.. perhaps
the birds got them all). As to genus and species I have no idea. If I find out
I'll post. I wouldn't eat anything on my own without checking it first... but
I was raised on these.

Corwyn