SC - Calla Lillies

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 18:22:51 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/18/98 2:53:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<<  Anyone ever come up with a
 calla lily mention in period recipes?

 Regards,

 Allison >>

Hopefully not since calla lilies are not edible. :-0 Daylily is as in those
that open their flowers for a day and then shrivel. In fact, I am busily
harvesting the flowers and drying them even as we speak for my Chinese
cooking. :-) The buds when sauted or steamed taste amazingly like early sweeet
corn and the bublets are tasty when sauted in butter or steamed.. ;-)

Ras