SC - almond milk

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 16:23:04 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/24/98 10:03:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lynnx at mc.net
writes:

<< I just bought some almond milk at the supermarket. It's called Naturally
 Almond, and the ingredients are almonds, water, and brown rice
 sweetener(plus a few stabilizers). I haven't tasted it yet, but I'm not
 an expert on how almond milk is supposed to taste. >>

Both I and my co-feastocrat used this product this weekend. We did noy find it
objectionable. It is slightly different from regular almond milk in several
ways, but the flavor was good, IMO. It does not seem to have the thickeneing
ability of hand-made almond milk but that was easily over come with a little
rice flour.

Would I use it again? Well, for certain dishes without hesitation but for
others I would use hand-made.

Ras