SC - Will's- thoughts 1

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 18:54:10 PDT 1998

Take your rabbit and slay it took on a whole new meaning last Thursday as
Phlip pulled in my drive way with 27 living rabbits. Several hours later the
deed was done and the animals were skinned, cleaned and stored in my frig for
use the next day.

The actual slaughter went cleanly and was more humane than any I 've seen at
the slaughter house. This is not a recommendation for you to slaughter and
butcher your own animals. The skills involved are not something that your
average person possesses. The act iof killing was very traumatic. OTH, at the
price ($3.00 a head) it was the most practical way of doing things. My
experience on the farm came into play for the most part and  Goddess was with
me for the rest.

Human casualties were 2 wounded. Phlip recieved 6 stitches to a cut on her arm
and I refused treatment for the one at the base of my thumb. The skins were
salted and rolled for later use.

The rabbits were one of the most popular dishes in the feast with no leftovers
being returned to the kitchen.

Ras