SC - Themed feasts

Yeldham, Caroline S csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 08:21:26 PDT 1998

	Are Non-SCA members of the list allowed to comment?

> <Micaylah then said, in response to His grace's comments regarding our
> "grade level" of historical knowledge>
>
> > Does it really matter?

	and Brandu replied

> VIVAT TO YOU!!! Nail RIGHT SQUARELY on the head!! Bang on. Pip! Pip! I
> say!!
> What any one else other than <insert yourself> knows or learns is NOT
> THE POINT of the SCA.
> What <insert yourself> learns is the point.
> The "Person in the mirror" is the only person who's "learning and
> participation level" you need to worry about.
> If you don't care about that, that is no skin off MY teeth.  I'll
> still
> try to learn more.

	My comment would be ' Absolutely' - whilst it remains a private
club (which I understand the SCA is, and the UK branches are).

	As soon as you start presenting 'history' to the general public
or schools, I believe the rules change.

	Plus, can I comment that some of the behaviour mentioned by
other mailers isn't a question of learning or knowledge, rowdiness late
at night is a matter of politeness and consideration towards other
people.  Wolfmother's solution is constructive (and one often used here
in the UK) but if it isn't possible I would say consideration takes a
higher priority than the desire to make a lot of noise late at night -
but then I like to get a good nights sleep!

	Caroline