Grains of Paradise(was:RE: SC - Juniper berries

Vicki Strassburg taltos at primenet.com
Tue Jun 2 11:12:15 PDT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> > FYI...Grains of Paradise are somewhat illegal in this country!! At least
> > cart them over the border is. I'm not too sure what the premise is on the
> > rest of the law tho'.

I do not know what the premise is for grains of paradise, but I do know
that many "spices" etc. are illegal for some pretty silly reasons. For
instance, (at least here in California) the sale of poppy seeds in bulk is
illegal (the little grocery-store size is okay). FDA thought that if you
could buy them in bulk, you could manufacture your own opium. Doesn't
matter that it's not the same kind of poppy!

By the way, my name is Maedb and I've been lurking for awhile now. I
didn't introduce myself because I didn't feel I could contribute anything.
I have been enjoying the hospitality of this list, and learning more than
I ever thought I could. Thank you.

Respectfully,
Maedb