SC - Keeping eggs

upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Jun 5 09:19:40 PDT 1998

     > Why is keeping eggs, whether in or out of the fridge, such a problem?

     Although I use eggs rapidly, much to my cholesterol's dismay, you can
     easily test the freshness of an egg before breaking it by floating it in a
     pan of water.  The fresher the egg is, the flatter it lays on the bottom.
     If the egg floats, without touching the bottom of the pan -- pitch it out!
     Don't bother to break it. PU!

     Leah Anna of Sparrowhaven
     "Who will love a little sparrow?"