SC - Army guys!

Mary Denise Smith costumemag at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 5 05:42:32 PDT 1998

< found me a bunch of guys who are mundanely in the Army  . . . .  They
were the best set of kitchen workers I've ever seen.>

Similar statement about Coast Guard guys! One of these guys couldn't
fight for some reason, was bored and so volunteered in the kitchen.

Now, if cleanliness is next to godliness, then this presbyterian
congregation was in DEEP DOO-DOO. Their kitchen was worse than ANY
college kids' apartment kitchen I've EVER seen, and my mighty Coast
Guard warrior took one look, rolled up his sleeves and set to work.

This church had charged us a huge damage deposit for their dirty,
falling down heap of an excuse of a hall and kitchen. In the end, they
got back an unplugged drain, a hot water heater that worked, a kitchen
cleaned of dead rodents, cockroaches and who knows what else, floors
mopped for the first time since Eve bit the apple, a stove that worked
on all burners and the refridgerators free of all forms of alien life.
They did return the deposit with a thank you note.

I'll pay my taxes to keep our armed services any day (especially if they
work in my kitchen!)!

Mary Denise/Marged