SC - Period frog recipes?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Jun 6 22:16:52 PDT 1998

> Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 17:50:31 -0600
> From: Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net>
> Subject: SC - Period frog recipes?
>
> I haven't look yet in the few books I have, but are there any period recipes
> for
> frog's legs? How about whole frogs? What about snake?
>
> Thanks.
>   Stefan li Rous
>   stefan at texas.net

I'm aware of references to frogs as food in Le Menagier de Paris, and in
Platina's De Honesta Voluptate. The former, IIRC, gives instructions on
gigging for frogs, but gives no recipe, as far as I recall, while the
latter talks about the medical aspects of eating them, and also, IIRC,
gives  no recipe.

Adamantius

- --
Phil & Susan Troy