SC - A gentle's good de

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Tue Jun 9 09:03:39 PDT 1998

                      RE>>SC - A gentle's good deeds               6/9/98

A friend and I scrapped just enough together to get to 25th Beltaine in the
West... We had our camp, a bag of artichokes that had been on sale, and I
think a tin of oatmeal.  The Mistress (laurel) camped next to us had bought
too much food, having a household of sons and fighters- who all went back home
during the week- so she fed us breakfast every morning!  She was made Pelican
within a couple years WELL DESERVEDLY!
And once when I went to West Antir, before I was in armor, as a support person
for the unit I was with... I was hauling stuff back from the battle field to
camp... and a Knight came out of nowhere took most of the stuff and set off
down the road, "Where are we going m'Lady?" he called back over his shoulder.
It took me a couple seconds to shake off the surprise and follow him.  My
experience with knights is that they are usually not at the disposal of the
general populace, he was Antirian, and tho I don't know his name, I would
probably recognize him if I saw him again...
There are many little everyday stories as well... Or I wouldn't still be in
the SCA!
- -brid