SC - Prince-Bisket

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 11 10:09:34 PDT 1998

> >I'm making Prince-Biskit for my Queen's dinner this weekend but I'm wondering
> >about something. It says to take 5 eggs along with flour and sugar. But I
> >thought this was basically a merengue. Does this mean I use only the whites
> >or is it for the whole egg?
>
> What in the recipe made you think it was a meringue? Assuming it is Hugh
> Platt's recipe, the instructions say to beat it to batter for an hour,
> which seems to pretty clearly eliminate that possibility.

Okay, I had a redaction and it said to beat the eggs to a meringue and then
add the flour and sugar. I was a bit confused about that since it is pretty
difficult to whip whole eggs into a meringue.

> The recipe says eggs, not egg whites, so I assume that is what it means. If
> you follow the recipe it comes out as a very hard biscuit, nothing at all
> like a meringue.

Having never made or even seen this I was pretty much in the dark. On consideration
of this I'll probably not make this for the Queen's dinner. These do sound like
they'd be wonderful as a biscotti dipped in wine or, mundanely, coffee.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll probably make Hais instead.

> David/Cariadoc
> http://www.best.com/~ddfr/

Yers,

Gunthar