SC - Re: Queen's dinner party

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jun 12 15:16:55 PDT 1998

At 12:56 PM -0500 6/8/98, Michael F. Gunter wrote:
>The meal will start out with roasted chicken stock with some thinly sliced
>green onion
>and mushrooms in it. Also I'm going to use the stock to cooks some greens
>which will
>be served later.
>
>All of the dishes, except the broth and greens, have been posted to the
>list and are
>period so far as I can tell. I'm going to have to double check on the
>pate' and I don't
>know of a source for the chicken broth.

It may be too late to do you any good (I'm nearly a week behind the list)
but the closest I know to that is:

Funges
Curye on Inglysch p. 100 (Forme of Cury no. 12)

Take funges and pare hem clene and dyce hem; take leke and shrede hym small
and do hym to seeth in gode broth. Colour it with safroun, and do therinne
powdour fort. [end of original]

1/2 lb mushrooms	1 c beef or chicken broth	1/4 t powder fort
1 leek	6 threads saffron	1/4 t salt

Wash the vegetables; slice the leek finely and dice the mushrooms. Add
saffron to the broth and bring it to a boil. Add the leek, mushrooms, and
powder fort to the broth, simmer 3-4 minutes, remove from the heat, and
serve.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook