SC - Apple Butter Update

Sat Jun 13 20:51:05 PDT 1998

There is a recipe for Appulmoy in The Forme of Cury, which I have seen
adapted as applesauce.  It uses honey as sweetener rather than the sugar
called for in modern recipes.

Since the chief difference between modern applesauce and modern apple butter
is the amount of sugar used, being heavy handed with the honey might get you
apple butter.

I haven't tried either recipe, so I can't tell you what will happen.

Bear