SC - Queen's Dinner

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jun 15 13:57:47 PDT 1998

> recipes?  pleezpleezpleez?!  Yes some are obvious from your descriptions and
> some have been posted before, but at least the potted lamb and the peach
> custard?

Both of these have been posted on the list so I'll give the peach custard recipe
from memory. I'll give the proper author's credit when I find it at home tonight.
The recipe was evidently an adaptation of Apicius, since I didn't have a copy
of the original I used this. It was easy, sounded like what I wanted for the
meal and at least a variation of a period recipe although the ingredients were
about as modern as you would hope to find.

1 lg (30 oz) can of peaches in heavy syrup
1 5 oz can of condensed milk
4 eggs

Blend together and pour into a baking dish. Cook at 350 F. for around 20 minutes
or until set.

Whoever first posted this on the net can come forward and take credit. I should
have baked the custard in a water bath. I would also like to get the original
recipe and see how it differs from the modern adaptation.

The potted lamb is a little more complicated and I'll have to bring that one
in. I think it was listed as "Lamb pate'".

> And what sort of yeast did you use for the lemon beer?  That sounds really
> nice!

The lemon beer was wonderful. I used just plain old Fleishman's yeast and it
came out just fine. I don't think it had enough time to take on any real
character. I may make it with a couple of different kinds of yeast to test
for any differences.

> pleez...

Your Welcome.

Yers,