SC - Figs!

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:40:52 PDT 1998

> >>We moved house last week, and I've discovered a fig tree behind the
> garage.
> >>So, what should I do with them when they are ripe?

Drake Morgan instructs that I should:
> 1)  Stuff them with Brown Sugar and Cointreau and slowly roast them in
> an oven, baste with a herb glaze.

I just fainted reading that.  It sounds superb!

> 2)  Make Fig Wine / Port / Brandy with them.  High sugar levels, with
> a nice taste makes for a supurb brew.  Watch out for the fig sap (high
> in latexs) that might taint the brew.

I've never made wine, this should be fun.

Thanks for advice, all of you, I've never had figs except in newtons, so now I
have something to look forward to.

We have a peach tree as well, but I know what to do with those (that survive
the birds and my children.)

Bonne