SC - creations and creativity

Jane Waks waks at world.std.com
Thu Jun 18 06:38:33 PDT 1998

>This was my biggest problem everywhere I was MoA/S.  No lists forthcoming
>from East or Midrealm, either.  Now, every Laurel ceremony I've heard
>calls for the new Laurel to continue to teach and do his/her good work.
>And they must know who they are!  I don't know why we can't get that
>information, because people everywhere really do need it.

Speaking as the person who keeps the address database for the Crown
to do its polling in the East, the reason you can't get that information
is that it's confidential.  There are people who don't want their
contact information distributed widely, who don't *want* to be asked
to judge A&S at every event they attend, etc.  This doesn't mean
that the Laurel (or Manche, or Willow, or whatever) doesn't want
to teach, just that they don't want to be pestered by every
autocrat or minister of A&S in a 200-mile radius.  Also, there are
people who are members of the orders who are, unfortunately rightfully,
afraid of stalkers, but who are still willing to hear from their
Crown and serve in other ways.

There has been at least one attempt to create a separate database
of teachers/judges, but I don't know what became of it.

Caitlin Davies