SC - The Rock and Dome

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 18 09:46:23 PDT 1998

Hi,

There are a couple of topics. One is that I wish to post the recipe for
the "lamb pate'" but I can't give it proper credit today. Whoever posted
this (Anne-Marie?) please take credit and I'll try to look it up tonight
and post it tommorrow.

PastA en pot de Mouton

2 Tblsp olive oil		1/2 cup minced onion
1 lb minced lamb		1 cup beef broth
4 - 5 threads saffron		1 tsp powdre forte
1/4 cup white wine vinegar

In a pot with a thight lid, heat the oil on medium high heat. Add the onion
to the pot and saute' until golden. Add the meat and broth and cover. Let
simmer for 25 minutes. Take out some of the broth and steep the saffron for
a couple of minutes then add to the pot. Add the powdre forte and vinegar,
simmer until the liquid is half consumed.

The powdre forte I made consisted of ginger powder, grains of paradise,
mace, cinnamon, cloves and pepper.

A couple of personal notes: I whipped the lamb in the food processor until
it was paste and then mashed the pate' in a morter after it was done to
give a smoother consistancy.

The dish is rich and flavorful. I added a bit more vinegar to taste but
go according to your likes. I served it in a crock with tiny slices of
dark rye bread. It was wonderful and very simple.

I'll look up the original posting tonight for the documentation and to give
credit to the poster.

Oh and as for the Subject line, I thought I would post a basic description
for those that haven't seen me in the Ansteorran Crown photos on the Ansteorra
website. You can make me a square guy with a reddish beard and medium length
curly hair. I usually wear a black Hospitallar's tunic with the Maltese Cross
over the left breast in the kitchen.

That's it.

Yers,

Gunthar