SC - Re: seeking recipes (Outdoor Feast)

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Thu Jun 18 23:29:51 PDT 1998

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:14:41 -0700 "Anne-Marie Rousseau"
<acrouss at gte.net> writes:
>Hi all from Anne-Marie
>
>this summer we started cooking exclusively on the fire. what a hoot! An
>outdoor feast in "primitive" condiitons is a fun challenge!
>
>we have found that we can do just about anything we would want to do in
>regular kitchen, with the possible exception of baking pies and breads
(and
>this only becuase we haven't perfected the techniques yet). Stuff that
is
>very well suited to the open fire concept include:
<SNIP>

What! Breads and Pies should be easy. The cowboys had chuckwagon cooks
that cooked on the open range daily and made fresh bread every morning
and I also think evening. They made sourdough rolls all of the time. The
main cooking method was the cast iron dutch oven (the type with the legs
and liped lid).

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kingdom of An Tir.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com