SC - Re: pot pictures

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sat Jun 20 13:13:07 PDT 1998

Anne Marie,

One of my German cookbooks is illustrated with woodcuts  Mostly, they are
16thC, but some as early as 1502.  One of the pot lids is a little like a
hat, in that there is a raised 'crown', slightly indented, and the 'brim'
is curved as much as a ring mold.  The only use I can see would be to
hold the coals.  There are a number of legged items.  There are also pots
without domed lids, but I bet they turned the domed ones over, as was
suggested.

If someone could tell me how to work it, I could send you scans from my
other e-mail and Netscape Navigator.  My scans go into Paint Shop Pro, so
they are whatever format that is.  Several of my button bars for various
programs have 'attachment' commands, I just haven't learned how, yet.

I don't know whether this book ever appeared in English translation.  If
you'd rather try to find it through InterLibrary Loan, here is the info:
(and if you do find it in English, would you let me know, please)

Fahrenkamp, H. Jurgen.  Wie man eyn teutsches Mannsbild bey Krafften
halt.  (in German).  Prisma Verlag. Munchen or Gutersloh,  1986.  ISBN 3
570 09730 7

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com