SC - Jewish food in period

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 23 14:23:11 PDT 1998

As for the substituting of matzoh, a lot of times, Jews tended to live in
their own communities, as they were not really considered citizens.
That's part of why I look for recipes, since the food could be vastly
different.  Then again, my family brought traditional romanian recipes
with them (though they aren't necessarily romanian), so mayhaps they were
the same.  Hence all the interest.  I would think that substituting matzoh
in would be period though, elsewise pesach would require its own litany of
foods...

Just as lost as everyone else,
Bogdan