SC - Has anyone had the pleasure of looking through this book?

John Henschen bacchus at revealed.net
Thu Jun 25 09:34:58 PDT 1998

MORRIS, RICHARD. "Liber Cure Cocorum." Copied and Edited from the Sloane Ms.
1986. Berlin: published for the Philological Society by A. Asher & Co.,
1862. First edition, 8vo, iv & 61pp., original gray paper wrappers; spine
partially perished. A curious Northumbrian poem of the fifteenth century on
cookery, "treating a great variety of dishes under the titles of potages,
broths, roasted meats, baked meats, sauces and "petecure" " (introduction),
with an index of words, dishes, etc. Scarce. Bitting, p. 331. From the
library of 19th century runic scholar George Stephens. Book# 6271 US$
225.00. Please contact Rulon-Miller Books (ABAA / ILAB) for more information
about purchasing this book.

This looks like an amazing book, but I don't think I'd spend that much $$ on
a book I couldn't even touch first, or have an opinion from someone I trust.

Celadon