SC - Sourdough

Thu Jun 25 13:20:09 PDT 1998

Sourdough is authentically Egyptian to about 3000 BC.  So, while I have no
documentation, I'm certain it was used in period.

BTW, Platina's bread recipe is very possibly a sourdough as he used a leaven
to produce it.  Unfortunately, I do not believe he explained how to get the
initial leaven.  Your sourdough is a form of leaven.

Bear