SC - cheese grand slam

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 29 00:27:47 PDT 1998

Margali said:

>Luckily,
>Mistress Adin Tinkar convinced me to enter things up here 9 years ago and I
>have won more than a few prizes ranging from garb to brewing to a cheese
>grand slam[ the cheese, whey based bread, a whey based lemonade and homemade
>butter, with a research paper explaining about the use of milk and its
>byproducts in the small households in the 1500s.]

WOW! Margali, I would really like to get a copy of your research paper to
add to the Florilegium if you are willing.

Did you make these products from whole cow milk from the grocery or from
a different source?

A whey based lemonade? My first thought is blech, but I would like to
hear more info on this. Perhaps your recipe? And any info indicating
this was a period beverage?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net