SC - Juniper berries

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Jun 1 15:08:37 PDT 1998

Avelina Keyes said...
<snip>
>As far as spices go, I think I am spoiled.  We have an herb farm out here
that carries juniper berries AND grains of paradise.  They do not carry, but
will order cubebs.  And, the asian market near my house usually has fresh
galangale and always has jars of powdered.  Grains of paradise is a really
neat spice.  It is kind of a citrusy-pepper that goes really well with chicken.

WOW you are lucky!

FYI...Grains of Paradise are somewhat illegal in this country!! At least to
cart them over the border is. I'm not too sure what the premise is on the
rest of the law tho'.

Can any Canadian out there clear this up for me exactly?

Thanks
Micaylah