SC - Pine nuts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jun 2 22:41:18 PDT 1998

Bogdan said:

>Pinon are from the pinion pine.  They are supposedly more buttery than
>traditional pine nuts.  Thanks for the confirmation.

As I think about it, the nuts that I got in New Mexico on vacations there
years back did seem to much better than the ones I now buy in the little glass
jars in the grocery. Perhaps this was because they were fresher. Maybe
they are a different type of pine tree.

Does anyone know if the New Mexico pin~on pine nuts are available for sale
by mail. I've now got a sudden hankering for some of those wonderful nuts
I remember.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net

(Anyone want to trade Texas pecans for New Mexico pin~on nuts? :-) )