SC - Roots

Yumitori no Kiyoshi yumitori at montana.com
Wed Jun 3 21:14:47 PDT 1998

Haifuku!

> With the hideous and unnecessary poisons that are sprayed on commercial food
> crops today, I cannot imagine, without SOLID evidence like plant test results,
> that organically grown food crops attended to by yourself would be as harmful
> and as "poisonous" as those you buy in the supermarket. So the question still
> remains > are there any RECENT soil test results (post leaded gas) available
> and are there tests results utitlizing data from the plants themselves as
> opposed with conjectural possibilities from a soil test alone?
>
> Ras

	While I do not know of a comprehensive study of the type you describe,
_Consumer Reports_ did an comparison of 'regular' and organic produce an
couple of months back, evaluating various aspects, including pesticide
levels. The article may touch upon levels of lead as well, though I
don't recall it doing so.

	I'd give a more detailed report on the article were I able to lay my
hands upon my copy, but considering what passes for a filing system in
my home...

	Yumitori