SC - Need advice...

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 07:06:42 PDT 1998

 Leah Anna of Sparrowhaven remembered:

 When I was growing up, my mother used to
make fried bread for breakfast.
     She allowed the dough to rise until doubled,
then would take a ball of
     dough and pat it into a round, like a
hamburger patty.  She would then fry
     the bread in a bit of oil (she actually used
lard or bacon drippings, but
     I'm trying to lower the cholesterol) until
golden brown.  The texture was
     more like a yeast doughnut, without the
icing.
<<<<<<<<

My mother and grandmother used to do the same thing, but we called
them scones.  I was truly amazed when I got older and found the cold,
dry bisquit things that the Scots called scones.

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"