SC - A gentle's good de

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jun 9 09:38:55 PDT 1998

> And once when I went to West Antir, before I was in armor, as a support person
> for the unit I was with... I was hauling stuff back from the battle field to
> camp... and a Knight came out of nowhere took most of the stuff and set off
> down the road, "Where are we going m'Lady?" he called back over his shoulder.
> It took me a couple seconds to shake off the surprise and follow him.  My
> experience with knights is that they are usually not at the disposal of the
> general populace, he was Antirian, and tho I don't know his name, I would
> probably recognize him if I saw him again...
> There are many little everyday stories as well... Or I wouldn't still be in
> the SCA!
> -brid

Thank you for the lovely posting but I had to grit my teeth on this last passage.
I feel it's a terrible thing when the fact that a knight assisting somebody is worthy
of note. It should be expected. That's one of the things I instill in my squires and
in my fellow knights. I hope here in Ansteorra the gentles do not feel that way
about the Chivalry. We're always striving to assist those in need. Sometimes we
miss it but it is unfortunated that this is considered an uncommon occurrance.

Yours,

Sir Gunthar
(Known to carry and ice chest or two.)