SC - Coffin Pastry

upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Jun 12 10:13:44 PDT 1998

     My regular pastry dough is 3 C. Flour, 1 C. Butter (or lard), pinch of
     salt, beat one egg with 1 Tbsp vinegar and add cold water to make one full
     cup.  The dough must be refrigerated at least one hour before trying to
     roll out.  Mama told me that reducing the butter will cause a tougher dough
     (that's why grandmother's pie crust was as tough as boot leather, she
     didn't want to waste the butter - and you better not let her CATCH you
     feeding the crust to the chickens!  ;)

     Looking at what you used, I would suggest 4 cups flour, 2/3 cup butter, and
     1 1/3 cup water.

     I'm somewhat new to the list, but I'll add my appearance to the list:
     I'm six feet tall, short dark-auburn hair, blue-green eyes that twinkle
     with amusement and glasses, with a body like Drew Carey.  I'm found gazing
     through the door to the kitchen, drooling over the wonderful aromas and
     waiting to be of help to the "feast-o-crat."

     Leanna McLaren of Sparrowhaven
     (Note:  I finally found support for my "name")
     "Who will love a little sparrow"