SC - Apple Butter Question

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 18:55:16 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/13/98 2:14:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca writes:

<< The first batch will have fresh ginger in it but since I am not a huge fan
 of the flavour will be trying it without the ginger as well.

 Will this have any bearing on the outcome of the butter or is it just a
 flavour enhancement?

 Micaylah >>

Usually apple butter is seasoned with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg which are
added near the beginning of the cooking process. I have never had it with
ginger so I wouldn't be able to say if leaving it out would have any bearing
on the final product. My assumption is that it would be less gingery. :-)

Ras