SC - Apple Butter Update

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Jun 13 19:57:47 PDT 1998

Ras,
Just finished the a. butter and its kinda weird. The recipe called for me to
put it thru a fine sieve. When it was the consistency of thick tomato sauce
it wouldn't go thru the sieve, but no biggy. In order to pulverize it a
little more I smushed it for a while with a wooden pestle. I suppose I
could've food processed it but was too lazy. Maybe with the next batch?

At any rate, because I am not overly fond of ginger <gasp> I had planned on
making the next batch with cinnamon anyway.

Should I add cloves and nutmeg as well, or just cinnamon? Your opinion?

Micaylah

Can anyone out there spare me the time to tell me anything about the history
of Apple Butter?

Thanks the List