SC - Pennsic Menu -- LONG

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Jun 15 06:08:00 PDT 1998

Might I recommend for breakfasts Herbolade?
mince an onion and clarify in good olive oil. Throw in a bag of that
irradiated pre-washed spinach. Let sweat down. Break and beat a dozen eggs.
Throw in and stir. Str occasionally until the eggs are almost set. Sprinkle
with grated cheese of choice (we used pre-grated provolone an dcheddar we
can get in bags). Cover and let burble till cheese melts.

there are several versions of this in the English/French corpus, some with
cheese some without. We've done it with spinache, and also with bags of
fancy salad greens.

In my experience, eggs transport just fine without a cooler, assuming you
buy them right before you leave and keep them in the shade under a wet
cloth, in the carton you bought them in to protect them.

have fun!
- --Anne-Marie, working on her own menu for Coronation...to be cooked
completely over a fire, with all period, documented recipes, of course