SC - apple butter

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Mon Jun 15 09:51:48 PDT 1998

                      apple butter                                 6/15/98

My mother made a Nectarine butter one year that was to kill for!  No, I don't
have a recipe, unfortunately, I think she was just playing in the kitchen.
Actually it was probably technichally more of a spiced jam than a "butter".
But the color was *gorgeous* golden pink with the freckling of spice, and the
flavor of the nectarines balanced wonderfully with nutmeg/cinnamon/clove.  I
*like* apple butter, but that stuff... it was heaven, especially on a fresh
buttered pop-over or biscuit.
- -brid