SC - creations and creativity

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 15 14:17:39 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 15-Jun-98 RE: SC - creations
and crea.. by Knott Deanna at GSC.GTE.Com

> In my world (for whatever it is worth), you cannot be 'creative' and
'authentic'
> .  You can be creative and do something in the 'style' of a certain
book of hour
> s, but it will not be an 'authentic' reproduction.

But with cooking, that's not always the case.  As this list has
demonstrated, you can have N people reconstruct the same recipe, and
come up with N+ different results.  The creativity is in the working
with what you've got, not in the substituting.

toodles, margaret