SC - The Potato Recipe

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Tue Jun 16 16:27:24 PDT 1998

Thought I'd put in my bit on this..

By sheer luck (or is it good management) I happened to have a sweet potato
in my vegetable crisper this week. I tried the original (I'd rather work
with them if I can) recipe from Elynor Fetiplace.
As is my want, I did it a bit differently (never been able to stick to
recipes, either modern or ancient). I was going to serve it 'in a paste'
(mashed), so I figured I would just chop the potatoes and boil them. When
they were 'verie soft' I added some sweeter orange juice than was available
then, with no sugar (to balance) and a splash of rose water.
On eating, we found that they came out very nicely. Could have done with a
tad less rose water (maybe half a splash?). My 8 yo son (who's watching over
my shoulder as I write (and giggling at me writing this comment - that's
what we get for teaching them to read)) probably could do without the rose
water altogether.

Glenda.

Who would hide under the Rock looking like:
Slighly below average height, a little pudgy with glasses (can't get
contacts). Very dark brown hair half-way down the back. Dressed in clothing
from whichever period the banquet is set (I have suitable clothing from
200BC to 1650AD). Wielding a marble handled dagger (mmm yum). I would have
done all the necessary cooking beforehand, and brought a dozen pots to
reheat, as well as things to be served cold. Holding my membership card of
overcaterers anonymous.

Glenda Robinson
Flamberge Computer Services
glendar at compassnet.com.au