SC - creations and creativity

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Sat Jun 20 17:26:03 PDT 1998

I know that I myself was turned off of entering any A&S contests at my 3d
event- I made a linen italian renn v-necked split skirted overgown with rose
garlands hand embroidered around the perimeter[and all the seaming was done
by hand, not masochism, didn't own a sewing machine...] that I happily
entered. The contest was won by an incredibly fancy acetate satin and
store-bought trimmed renn that looked really gaudy, and was done by a
Duchess to remain nameless. In fact, all the prizes and mentions were won by
'hats'.  Showed me[to my point of view at least] that us poor beginners
didn't stand a chance no matter how authentic our piece was. Luckily,
Mistress Adin Tinkar convinced me to enter things up here 9 years ago and I
have won more than a few prizes ranging from garb to brewing to a cheese
grand slam[ the cheese, whey based bread, a whey based lemonade and homemade
butter, with a research paper explaining about the use of milk and its
byproducts in the small households in the 1500s.]
margali