SC - Sourdough

Daria Anne Rakowski dar3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sun Jun 21 02:45:49 PDT 1998

Just as a little aside, if the liquor of a starter has gone a sort of
orange/brown colour it probably shouldn't be used. I too grew up with
exclusively homemade bread (and had big jars of starter on the counter)
and that was the sage advice my mom gave me a long time ago. Does anyone
know why this is? I've always assumed that there are unwelcome guests in
the starter if this happens.

Coll