SC - creations and creativity

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Sun Jun 21 12:37:10 PDT 1998

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998 07:59:42 EDT Pagehutch at aol.com writes:

 I have spent over 120 hours crosstiching a piece
of knotwork and because of one knot I was torn to shreds by the
carryon-birds of the a/s beast.  I receved a 3 on this project.  When the
first judge
put down the hatefull comments the next judge seemed to follow. With this
I am
totally crushed.

Page
Queens), or a Grant level Kingdom Arts Award (Desert Flower).  I have the
impression that being sponsored is like having anesthesia.  Both you and
your sponsor get chewed on instead of just you.

An aside.  My Lord Husband makes jewelry.(and alot of other stuff).  His
first attempt at something was a HUGE penanular brooch.  9 ounces of fine
silver.  He spent alot of time on it, and was encouraged to enter it in
the next A&S competition.  He had two gentles comment/judge his entry.
One was a Laurel who only shows up to competitions, and shredded him to
bits.  The other was Master Raymond the Quiet, who was impressed enough
to offer many words of encouragement, and a handmade belt with neat
celtic beasties in metal on it.  We can only hope that more kind and
gentle judges make their presence known.

Aldyth