SC - Re: seeking recipes (Outdoor Feast)

Lillian Johnston LillianJ at bethlehem.org.au
Mon Jun 22 17:45:48 PDT 1998

>Still, since the cauldraon shaped pots are $$$$, we've been using the
Lodge
>types and plan on playing with breads and the like maybe next summer
(right
>now we're lucky if we can keep the fire going for long enough to cook
>everything! Told you we are new at this...)
>--AM

Outdoor cooking of period recipes is one of my biggest loves in the
Period cooking area. I look forward to any chance I can get to do so.
Even camping mundanely will find me trying out a medieval recipe or two,
though we then bring out the someores.

The best way that we have found is to have one person, not a cook, in
charge of the fire. They can control the temp, have low, medium and hot
spots for people to cook on and it is usually a fire bug around who
would love to play with the fire for an extended period. The fire pit
then becomes a conversation area, with people dropping in because they
know some one will be there.

Nicolette
yes I'm still here, but in the middle of a three full weekend binge of
events with the last one being a Ball with classes for two days, sore
feet being the worst this old lady has ever seen, but at least the legs
held out.