SC - Dutch ovens

Ron Brooks bjorn9 at juno.com
Tue Jun 23 14:50:16 PDT 1998

Greetings,

It is my understanding  that the expression  "Pennsylvania Dutch" was
never intended
as derogatory. It cme from the early "Hooked on Phonics" days of the
settling of
America. The Pennsylvania came of course from the state, but the Dutch
was a corruption of Deutch<sp?>, which is of course, German for German.
So Deutch
to Dutch isn't much of a leap.

Bjorn Lochlannac
Barony of Bonwicke