SC - Sourdough

Ceridwen ceridwen at commnections.com
Wed Jun 24 11:19:23 PDT 1998

>   And the New
> Professional Chef has a commercial recipe which starts with four
> pounds of
> flour for the starter.  All use a two to six day fermenting process.
> The New Professional Chef ferments the starter in a sealed container
> and
> expects you to use it up.  Very interesting, I may try it the next
> time I
> need to produce 20 to 40 loaves.
>
> Bear,

Would it be possible to get that recipe from you? That's just about what
I'll need for this Saturday. I'm doing a feast for 60 at St. Jerome's
Study, all recipes redacted from Forme of Cury.... trying my best to
convert Trimaris to the idea of actually eating "period" food. I have
everything except a bread recipe chosen, have tested a couple but am not
satisfied with them, and really wanted to do sourdough,even tho Cury
doesn't mention it.Please????
Ceridwen
ceridwen at commnections.com