OT: SC - Re: no pot pictures

Chris Peters cpeters at cinemagnetics.com
Thu Jun 25 05:45:21 PDT 1998

Hey cool! I can add something for a change!

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > Scans do seem to be larger files than some other jpegs; I wonder if
> > there's some kind of file size limit for attachments set by your ISP. If
> > you like I can try to make it smaller using Photoshop and/or DeBabelizer

There is a 2 meg limit to mail across the whole interet. This of course doesnt
apply to Intra-nets which are basically in-house networks with outside
connections. You can send any size in-house but only up to 2 meg going to
another site.

> Reducing either the fineness (i.e. less dpi) or size would help, as
> would allowing a larger compression factor on the JPG.

If you are scanning for sending out or to put on a web page scan it at 72 DPI.
That will work for most monitors. It will not print pretty but it will be
legible. Also constrain your file size, this will help. There are also 3rd party
programs out there that can resize/reformat the file to more easily handled
sizes.

> > I'll try cropping the picture from the full page
>
> Cropping helps too :-)

Cropping ALWAYS helps :-)

> > over your imprudent and impudent use of a non-Microsoft product like
> > Netscape. Microsoft software tends not to play well with other children,
> > in my experience. What's that line from one of the Star Trek movies?
> > Something about displacing all existing life forms in favor of its new
> > matrix?
>
> See .sig. I always think of Daleks when the topic of M$ vs the
> competiton comes up...
>
> /UlfR
>
> --

- --
SCA - Padrhaig ne Killkenny "Duine nach dtéann leis an slua"
Mundanely - Chris Peters
http://www.cyburban.com/~chatelaine The Canton of Northpass
http://www.cyburban.com/~celticbard My website (always under construction!)