SC - Dining with Bill

Chris Adler Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Fri Jun 26 11:09:00 PDT 1998

     Greetings, good gentles!

     Whilst wandering through my city's renovated library (yum), I found
     Dining with William Shakespeare. I'd heard of this book at some point,
     so I thumbed through it. It appears to be modern redactions of Hugh
     Plat, Gervase Markham, and similar period sources.

     I don't really care about the redactions, since I have reprints of the
     originals and also since some of the redactions look really, um...
     questionable?

     Anyway, my question to you learned gentles is this: does anyone know
     if the book's accompanying text regarding Elizabethan-era cooking and
     eating practices is accurate?

     Thanks muchly, Katja