SC - OT Creativity Changes

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Jun 27 00:11:58 PDT 1998

geneviamoas at juno.com replied:

>Ummmm..., David... I hate to ask but Why study something unless you are
>going to use it in some way.

"To do it" does not translate as "to use in some way."

People who attend classes in history may intend to use the knowledge to
understand a society, or to pass an exam, or to be able to teach other
people. They may even plan to write historical novels. But they are not
generally studying period activities in order to do those activities. Off
hand, I don't know of any academic historians specializing in military
affairs who study medieval battles in order to be able to command a
medieval army.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/