SC - cider apples

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 18:01:07 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/29/98 2:24:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< Did they make a distinction in period between sweet and cider apples?

 Thanks.
   Stefan li Rous >>

I can't answer your last question but in my neck of the woods (Central PA) the
most sought after cider (true cider) is made from MacIhntosh apples (a nice
blend of sweet and tangy) or similar varieties which are used fopr baking
pies, etc. Unfortunately MacIntosh is a 19th century apple. :-(

Ras (who checked with the agricultural extention office and comfirmed that
cider was a fermented beverage at least in PA)