SC -Published recipe posting (was Vegetarian...)

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Jun 30 17:43:53 PDT 1998

Point is, it's not my recipe.  I'd like to occasionally post one from
Santich (and others) that I've tried and found sucessful, as per the
recent vegetarian recipe request.  I well remember when I had little or
no access to reference books I needed/wanted.  Now that I can buy books
or use a good library, it's nice to be able to help the others.

Sincgiefu, you are a published author, selling your books.  How do you
react if I post one or two of your redactions to someone looking for
specific recipes?

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:10:22 EDT LrdRas at aol.com writes:
>allilyn at juno.com
><< I'm not quite clear on whether we can post a recipe from a
> currently in-copyright book that is for sale.  Is one recipe OK,
>people? >>
snipped>
>At the risk of digging up a sore subject, according to Llewellyn
Press>individual recipes are not copyrightable except in the context of
>collections.>The amounbt paid to an author of an "original" recipe is so
small it >is not>worthwhile to go to court over it. Alternatetively, only
a few of us >on the>list are "professional" writer's and we opnly glean
recipes for our >own use or>educational purposes.>Post your reciope. If
someone has a problem you can say "OOPS! Sorry!" >and>that will be the
end of it. >>Ras